LawnChair Theatre, under the auspices of The Rye Arts Center, is a summer theatre program that has brought outdoor performances to the parks of Westchester County since 2006. This season’s production of The Tempest is directed by LawnChair veteran Julie Thaxter-Gourlay. As the howling winds and the tempestuous rains pass, our characters will wash ashore onto their island and into their spiraling narratives. Their stories and setting will be framed within the perennial struggle of humans vs. nature, and in our production specifically, our epidemic and the oceanic problem of pollution. For more information, visit us at lawnchairtheatre.org. For further information, contact Amy Simmons (Managing Producer) at 914-565-1838.
All performance times 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Thursday, July 19 Village Green, Rye City
Sponsored by Rye Free Reading Room
- Friday, July 20 Recreation Field, Chappaqua
Sponsored by the New Castle Arts & Cultural Committee
- Saturday, July 21 Pine Ridge Park, Rye Brook
Sponsored by Rye Brook Recreation
- Sunday, July 22 Hudson Park, New Rochelle
Sponsored by New Rochelle Council for the Arts
- Thursday, July 26 Lyon Park, Port Chester
- Friday, July 27 & Saturday the 28th, Rye Town Park, Rye
Sponsors: Atria Senior Living, Webster Bank, Westchester Bank
$20/adult, $10 students & seniors. However, we never turn anyone away.